Folsom Street Events raises funds to support Bay Area-based and national charities. In 2019, we donated over $325,000 to San Francisco-based, local, and national charities. Since Folsom Street Events first began, the organization has donated over $7 million.
Beneficiaries earn grants to support their work in the areas of Health, Human Services, The Arts, or Social Justice. Beneficiaries are classified as either Major or Supporting Beneficiaries. Each Beneficiary is carefully selected because of the profound difference they make in our communities, and we are proud to partner thwith em.
Our Beneficiary organizations recruit quality, motivated volunteers to help our run our fairs and parties. Typical volunteer shifts range from 4–5 hours and include: Security; Green Team; Gates; Hospitality; Treasury; Floater; Supply Truck; Coat Check; Volunteer Registration; Exhibitors; Entertainment; Artists’ Area; Water Tower Donations; Merchandise; Executive Assistant; and Beverages.
Our Beneficiary program offers two different funding levels for 501(c)3 organizations:
- Serving in a San Francisco Bay Area county, organizations at this level generally have an annual operating budget of over $500,000, a Board of Directors of eight or more, FTE staff of three or more, and 100+ members in an active volunteer corps.
- Organizations typically provide 80-125 volunteers total across Folsom Street Fair, Up Your Alley, and at least two parties.
- Funding at this level is generally in the range of $10,000-$20,000.
- Serving constituents in the state of California, organizations at this level typically provide 30-45 volunteers total across Folsom Street Fair and Up Your Alley.
- Funding at this level is generally in the range of $3,000-$7,500.
Beneficiary applications will become available around March of 2020. If you have questions concerning the application, please call the Folsom Street Events office at 415.552.3247. Thank you and we hope you consider applying for our Beneficiary program!
Previous Beneficiaries Include
AIDS Emergency Fund
AIDS Legal Referral Panel
API Equality – Northern California
Bayview/Hunter’s Point Community Legal
Berkeley Free Clinic
Castro Country Club
Dimensions Clinic for Youth
Dolores Street Community Services
Erotic Service Provider Legal Education and Research Project
GLBT Historical Society
HIV Story Project
Maitri Compassionate Care
Mission Neighborhood Health Center
National AIDS Memorial Grove
Pets Are Wonderful Support
Positive Resource Center
Project Open Hand
Queens of the Castro
Queer Cultural Center
San Francisco Gay Men’s Chorus
San Franciso Leathermen’s Discussion Group
San Francisco LGBT Community Center
Sol Sisters, Inc
Transgender Law Center
Westside Community Services