Folsom Street Events raises funds to support Bay Area-based and national charities. In 2019, we donated over $325,000 to San Francisco-based, local, and national charities. Since Folsom Street Events first began, the organization has donated over $7 million.
Beneficiaries earn grants to support their work in the areas of Health, Human Services, The Arts, or Social Justice. Beneficiaries are classified as either Major or Supporting Beneficiaries. Each Beneficiary is carefully selected because of the profound difference they make in our communities, and we are proud to partner thwith em.
Our Beneficiary organizations recruit quality, motivated volunteers to help our run our fairs and parties. Typical volunteer shifts range from 4–5 hours and include: Security; Green Team; Gates; Hospitality; Treasury; Floater; Supply Truck; Coat Check; Volunteer Registration; Exhibitors; Entertainment; Artists’ Area; Water Tower Donations; Merchandise; Executive Assistant; and Beverages.
Our Beneficiary program offers two different funding levels for 501(c)3 organizations:
- Serving in a San Francisco Bay Area county, organizations at this level generally have an annual operating budget of over $500,000, a Board of Directors of eight or more, FTE staff of three or more, and 100+ members in an active volunteer corps.
- Organizations typically provide 80-125 volunteers total across Folsom Street Fair, Up Your Alley, and at least two parties.
- Funding at this level is generally in the range of $10,000-$20,000.
- Serving constituents in the state of California, organizations at this level typically provide 30-45 volunteers total across Folsom Street Fair and Up Your Alley.
- Funding at this level is generally in the range of $3,000-$7,500.
Beneficiary Application Available: Wednesday March 4th, 2020
Beneficiary Application Submission Deadline: Friday, April 10th, 2020 by 5:00pm (DEADLINE EXTENDED DUE TO COVID-19)
Beneficiary Selection Announced: Week of April 27th, 2020 (via email)
1st Beneficiary Meeting: Early May
Up Your Alley Beverage Partner Application Deadline: Early June
Up Your Alley Beverage Partner Selection: Mid June (via email)
Bay of Pigs: Saturday, July 25th, 2020
Up Your Alley: Sunday, July 26th, 2020
Folsom Street Fair Beverage Partner Application Deadline: Late July
Folsom Street Fair Beverage Partner Selection: Early August (via email)
Folsom Street Fair: Sunday, September 27th, 2020
If you have questions concerning the application, please call the Folsom Street Events office at 415.552.3247. Thank you and we hope you consider applying for our Beneficiary program!
Previous Beneficiaries Include
AIDS Emergency Fund
AIDS Legal Referral Panel
API Equality – Northern California
Bayview/Hunter’s Point Community Legal
Berkeley Free Clinic
Castro Country Club
Dimensions Clinic for Youth
Dolores Street Community Services
Erotic Service Provider Legal Education and Research Project
GLBT Historical Society
HIV Story Project
Maitri Compassionate Care
Mission Neighborhood Health Center
National AIDS Memorial Grove
Pets Are Wonderful Support
Positive Resource Center
Project Open Hand
Queens of the Castro
Queer Cultural Center
San Francisco Gay Men’s Chorus
San Franciso Leathermen’s Discussion Group
San Francisco LGBT Community Center
Sol Sisters, Inc
Transgender Law Center
Westside Community Services